Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy Summer

Today is the first official day of summer, the summersolstice, and the longest day of the year. Yay. Happy summer everyone!

Some things I love about summer ...

  • Warm weather! (Yeah, that was a no brainer. But I live in Vermont and it's cold most of the year, so cut me some slack.)
  • The fact that it's still ligt out at 9pm
  • Creemee stands. (Sadly I have yet to have a creemee this year. I must do something about that.)
  • Barbeques. (Tasty!)
  • Fresh fruit and veggies at the farmers markets
  • Listening to the street musicians
  • Going to the beach (I've yet to do this also)
  • Not having to wear a jacket
  • Iced tea and lemonade
  • Minigolf
  • Fun summer roadtrips
  • Just sitting outside enjoying the weather and watching people pass by
  • Free concerts at the waterfront
  • Reading a book while sitting in the sunshine
  • Drive-in movies

Some things I don't like about summer...

  • Driving a car with no air conditioning (I bought it in January. I didn't think it would be a problem)
  • My 3rd floor bedroom being to hot to sleep
  • Trying to concentrate on work when I just want to play outside
  • Not doing the billion things I need to do around the apartment (including unpacking) because I know there are only so many nice days before the snow flies
  • Mosquitos and black flies
  • Suicidal motorcycle drivers
  • Trying to cram everything I want to do into a few short months
  • Bathing suit shopping (the larger sizes are filled with horrible colors and patterns that even a skinny person wouldn't look good in)
  • Sunburn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best thing about summer:not working
Worst thing about summer: okay, this doesn't happen too much anymore because some people (sorry) have a/c and most people don't have pleather seats anymore....remember how hot your tushy would get and how your thighs would stick to the seat of a car and consequently a really bad wedgie could occur? Is that just me?

BlueMule said...

Yep, it's barbecue season. We just completed our first competition and took home a trophy! I think I forgot to include you on my email list when I sent out the blog link.

http://howlinghogbbq.blogspot.com.

C.