Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Generic Cereal

I went grocery shopping the other day (yes, I know, I don't know how my life got so exciting either). In an attempt to save money, or perhaps because I'm just cheap (No, frugal. The word is frugal!), I buy as much store brand stuff as possible. It's a habbit I picked up in my college years and I see no reason to break it now. One of the things that always makes me chuckle is the names of generic cereals. Some of my favorites have been Fruity O's (generic Fruit Loops), Rice Greats (generic Chex), and Oats and Honey and More (generic Honey Bunches of Oats). The other day I came home with Crispy Hexagons, the generic version of Crispex. Mmmm. Tastey!

3 comments:

BlueMule said...

You're by far the cheapest pirate I've known. And no self-respecting pirate would use the word "frugal".

C.

Anonymous said...

I too, am a fan of generic brands. I stand by my personal favorite, "freaky fruits" (a spin off of the classic fruity pebbles). There were a lot of those where I went to college.

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of Crunchy Nuggets (gen. GrapeNuts)!