Monday, September 11, 2006

Gearing Up For Nightmare

Equinox held audtions over the weekend for this year's Nightmare, a fantastic Halloween event in downtown Burlington. I'll be doing props and costumes, and also devising interesting ways to scare unsuspecting patrons. It's a very fun event, best described as an 'interactive haunted house'. Last year was a blast. We did a zombie outbreak theme, with people trying to escape from a zombie-infested hospital (think Resident Evil). We even had a few people not finish because the show was too scarey.

This year's theme is a vampire nightclub. I'm excited about the costumes. It will be fun to do some straight fantasy costumes instead of all ren garb I've been doing. I've got a few good ideas I'm firming up right now. Expect a lot of PVC and a heavy HR Giger influence.

The show is geared toward adults, but is appropriate for older kids. If I had to put a rating on it, I'd say probably PG-13 for violence. We did have some wee little ones go through last year with their parents and we have a few youngsters as part of the cast.

The show will run 3 nights the weekend before Halloween, on October 27, 28, and 29 (Fri, Sat, and Sun) at Memorial Auditorium in downtown Burlington. It should be a blast.

No comments: