Friday, September 15, 2006

City of Villains

One of my favorite time sinks these days has got to be the MMORPG City of Villains. (For my non-geek friends MMORPG stands for massive multiplayer online role playing game) The basic premise of the game is to create your own super villain and then wreck havoc on the city. The game starts with your escape from prison. As you progress in the game and gain levels, you get additional powers. You can also team up and interact with other players as well as form super villain groups and secret bases. City of Villains is the sister game to City of Heros. The gameplay in each is identicle, and there are portions of the game where villains and heros can interact, either in a special super nightclub or player vs player areas. I think Villains is more fun because there is something inherently much more fun at being responsible for robbing the bank, as opposed to thwarting a bank robbery. It's a great game to play, especially if you have friends who play the game as well.

I cancelled my subscription to COV last spring when I found I just didn't have the time to spend in front of the computer. Now that the cold weather is setting in, I've rediscovered the joy that is this game. I was prompted into renewing my subscription after one of my friends purchased the game. He started talking about it and then I stared to remember how much fun it was to play. Our excitment rolled over to another mutual friend, who also renewed his subscription. There are now a trio of us running around the Rouge Isles. A force to be reckoned with.

All of this has gotten thinking about what it takes to be a villain. The running joke in our little trio is that we're so much ruthless as we are mildly beligerant. I've been thinking about things I could do to help bring out my villainous nature. I've got a long way to go before I'm evil overlord material.

  • Lather, rinse, but don't repeat
  • Don't seperate my recyclables
  • Tip less than 15%
  • Refuse to refrigerate after opening
  • Walk in doors marked 'exit only'
And finally, I need to incorporate the evil laugh into my everyday conversation. For example -
Random Person: What are you making for dinner tonight?
Me: I'm having chicken. MUAHAHA!!!!

No comments: