Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm Old!

So, I know I'm not that old in the scheme of things. I did, however, just celebrate a birthday and came to the realization that I'm going to be hitting thirty pretty darn soon. Remember when 30 seemed old? Also, the last time I went out on the town, I found myself looking around at the crowd thinking was I that annoying at 21? The answer is, yeah, I probably was. Amateurs. I came to the conclusion that I was the old creepy guy at the back of the club. Not really old, just too old to be there. I also could hear the Jaws theme playing in my head watching the college boys persuing their drunken prey across the dance floor.

So today I'm feeling old. I discovered it only takes 2 drinks to get me feeling a buzz, which I suppose is good for the wallet. However, it now takes me about 3 days to recover from a late night. This sadly means that if I go out on a Saturday, I'm going to be feeling like crap until Wednesday. Yeah, I'm aging.

So I worked through all of that. I'm aging. So what? I have a lot of years left in me still. I'm smarter, more sure of myself, and put up with a lot less BS then I did a few years ago. I started getting used to the idea of hitting 30. And then I checked the mail. Nothing makes a person feel quite as old as getting one of these in the mail. Yomper, I feel your pain.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog for awhile now and have noticed that you haven't written recently. I have a great idea for a friday fiver: Has anyone ever taken an embarassing picture of you, (such as being hung over or caught with your pants down)?

Quartermaster said...

Oooh, an anonymous long term reader, how mysterious... (insert waggling fingers here)

I was planning a similar post for some time in the future, based off the embarassing music post from a while back, so expect an embarassing moments post sometime in the very near future (just as soon as I figure out how to end this run on sentence). Of course, these are discussion questions, and everyone should feel free to chime in.