Wednesday, January 21, 2009

And Only 3 Months Late

I finally got aound to posting my pictures of my uber cool Halloween costume. For those just tuning in, a friend of mine had a Star Wars themed party. I went as a Jawa.

For those of you who don't remember your Star Wars lore, Jawas were the short, robed and hooded residents of Tatooine. They drove the sandcrawlers and were the ones who sold R2D2 and C3PO. Here's a reference picture, to jog your memory.


Here's my costume in full light. The face is actually completely blacked out. The black burlap that I used had the neat effect that I could see out relatively clearly, but you couldn't see my face.
Here's the costume again with the LED eyes lit up. It had a wonderful creepy appearance. (Try to ignore the lamp behind me, even though it kind of looks like I'm balancing some kind of bowl on my head.)

Here's another shot with the eyes lit up. In dim light, the costume looks creepy. I'm very happy with how the eyes turned out. They really made the costume.

And one last, parting shot. Doesn't this look scarey coming out of the shadows at you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Wish I could have been there!