Monday, December 15, 2008

A New Christmas Tradition

Last year, myself and some friends decided that it would be fun to get together, watch some old Christmas specials, decorate Chrsitmas cookies, drink egg nog, and generally have a merry time. I made up some sugar cookie batter and brought it to the party. For some reason, I lined the cookie sheets with wax paper instead of parchment paper. I discovered the mistake when the oven got a little smokey. Yeah. I'm a bad baker.

This year we carried on the now-annual Christmas get together. I joked about my past cookie problems. This year I just bought a tube of sugar cookie dough and let the others go at it. I'm not sure what happened, but the couple of batches were all burnt on the bottom and still raw on top.

Sonja and I have decided to rename this the party the Annual Let's See How We'll Mess Up the Cookies This Time Party.

Actually, other than the burnt cookies, we had a really fun time. Here's a shout out to Sonja, our hostess, who let us dirty almost every dish in her apartment. It was fun.

No comments: