Thursday, November 20, 2008

Refrigerator Etiquette

My workplace, like many other offices, provides a refrigerator in the break room. Mostly people store their lunches in there. This is the second day in a row where someone has piled something large and heavy on top of my lunch bag. The results have been 2 days of squished sandwiches. Not the end of the world, and still edible, but irritating all the same. I swear, if this keeps up I'm going to install a hidden camera in the break room to catch the guilty party, and then take every oppurtunity to squish the culprit's lunch.

And so, I've taken it upon myself to educate the masses in office refrigerator etiquette.
  1. Try to pack your lunch so that it takes up a minimum of refrigerator real estate
  2. Make every effort to place your lunch in a clear space
  3. If you must move things around to make room for your own lunch, be gentle
  4. If you absolutely have to stack lunches, put the squishy stuff on top. Put the sandwich on top of the tupper wear

Remember kids, only you can prevent squished sandwiches.

1 comment:

Yomper said...

I work in an all-male office, where the majority of people get take-out or eat at the cafeteria for lunch. There aren't many squished sandwiches, but every so often a neglected food item starts emitting the stench of new life.